Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Playroom!

Well it was time for a change. Ollie's playroom has been transformed. There are no more green walls and no more baby pictures. (sniff, sniff!) He is getting so big.



Now it is a room fit for a "SUPERHERIO"!


Ollie told me that he wanted his room to be red. So I opted to paint one wall red. Last Friday before school Ollie asked me what we were going to do after we got home. I asked what he wanted to do and he said "paint my playroom". So after school/work we went to pick out colors and posters for the walls. Chris and I started painting Friday night and then Saturday morning after I let Bella outside I could not go back to sleep until I gave the room a second coat. So I was up painting the room at 6am while the rest of the house was asleep.



After painting at 6am Ollie and I went in search of the Marvel Superhero wall border. I originally saw it at the Wal-Mart in Wood River but when Pati went back that Friday night it was not there. There was none at two Wal-Marts here, Target, Home Depot or Discount Decorating Outlet so I ended up ordering it online. It arrived Thursday evening. Since I ended up staying home with Ollie on Friday I put the border up while he was watching Ninja Turtles. Then we finished up today with Daddy putting up the very large Batman sticker. The room is finished except for the curtain. We are waiting on a custom (made with love by Maw Maw) Batman curtain to be shipped from Glendora, CA!


Ollie loves his new room. Now it is suited for a big boy. It is crazy how much this room has changed just in the 5 years since we have lived here. Guest room, nursery, baby storage room, toddler playroom, and finally a Superhero playroom!


No comments: