Saturday, August 16, 2008

What an irritating morning!!

First thing this morning I was talking to Erin on the phone and she asked if I would like to take Ollie to Tot Drop (the daycare at the Rec-Plex) so that we could work out together. Great idea! So we hurry up and get ready and run out the door soon after Erin gets to our house. Get to the Rec-Plex, park the car, get Ollie out, and walk up the big hill to the front doors. All the while Ollie is excited about Tot Drop. He wants to play with the kids and the toys! We get inside and Tot Drop is closed on Saturday mornings for the whole summer! What??!! How annoying! So we leave the Rec-Plex and Erin takes us back home. In the car on the way home Ollie keeps saying "Tot Drop, Tot Drop, I wanna play kids, wanna play toys" I say "I know sweetie but tot drop is closed we will have to go another day" he does not understand. So that ordeal is over, we come home and put some laundry away and then I remember that I need to go to Mom's house to look at her foyer. I painted it for her last night for her birthday present. Although she only bought a quart of paint and I used all of it and I was worried that it would not look alright. Ollie and I get there and sure enough it is going to need another coat so we went to Wal-Mart to buy more paint. Well, Wal-Mart is out of the accent base latex semi-gloss and the guy behind the counter says just go to any other Wal-Mart they should have some. Great, thanks, I have all the time in the world to drive around town to look for accent base latex semi-gloss paint with a 2 year old! So we leave and Ollie is all upset that we are leaving without Maw Maw's paint, poor little buddy! Plus he keeps asking for his cup and I was not expecting to be out all day so I did not bring it, bad Mommy! So we head home to get his cup and ride his truck. Yesterday I had to plug his truck in because the battery was getting low. I unplug his truck and off he goes, but, he does not go for long because the battery completely died! What??? So I'm thinking he has rode this truck so often that the battery cannot hold a charge anymore but then I look and the main plug was not plugged into the outlet, Chris must have unplugged it for some reason. So now we have to charge the truck again! What else could go wrong it is not even nap time yet!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Poor you!! I feel your pain, that is how I feel everytime I leave with all 3 of my kids...nothing ever goes as planned. It does make for a good story, however!!