Friday, August 22, 2008

Chicken Pox????

So this morning when I dropped Ollie off at the sitter she noticed these little red spots on Ollie's neck. After further observation she saw two on his arm and one on his cheek as well. I had seen them too but just thought they were bug bites. She immediately thought he had chicken pox and we had to make him a dr's appt. His dr. got him in at 11:30 today and thank goodness my dad was able to take him so that I did not have to take off work!

Well turns out the dr says they are NOT chicken pox, probably mosquito bites! Great, glad we paid a $30 copay to find out Ollie has mosquito bites! How annoying! But at least he does not have chicken pox! I'm not sure what I would have done if he did because I have never had chicken pox either! Yikes! Thank goodness we dodged that one!
Just to be sure I took all the sheets off of his bed and ours and am cleaning them before we go to bed tonight. Hopefully nothing is biting him in his sleep!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I never had chicken pox either. I got the vaccination, though. I've heard you can still get the pox even with the vaccine, but it might be a milder case.
Glad to hear Ollie didn't have the pox!