Monday, August 18, 2008

Sink or swim...

For those of you wondering about my new job, it is going great! I love it!! The people are so nice, it is completely different than the "hell hole"! I do have some bad news though, my co-worker, Linda, who has been in Intake for 15 years has uterine cancer and is going to have a hysterectomy on Thursday. She has doctor's appointments the rest of the week until then as well so today was her last day for the next 10-12 weeks. Hopefully she will get plenty of rest and make a full and quick recovery as she is the only person in the office who really knows how to do intake! Even my supervisor admitted that we would be learning how to open cases together, yikes!! So in a nutshell I am the intake unit for St. Charles County...I guess it is time to sink or swim - the best way to learn, right? I do not mean for this to sound selfish because I do hope that everything works out for Linda and that she can be cancer free after the hysterectomy because she really is a sweet lady so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so glad you like your new job, that is great. I am sure you will pick up the new parts of the job just fine!! You're a smart cookie!!

Elizabeth said...

The best way to learn is just to dive in! Go for it!