Monday, July 13, 2009

Home Remodel!

On Sunday we went over to Aunt Erin's to help put in the new carpet in her basement. Well Daddy and Uncle Kevin put it in.


Ollie got to help roll out the padding though!
Oops he rolled right over Uncle Kevin! Ollie thought that was pretty funny!
Erin has been very busy painting her basement this week. It used to be a very ugly bluish gray color and now it is a very light yellow-green color. She also painted her fireplace with the paint I had left over from mine a few years ago. It is going to look like a whole new room when they are finished. They did not get all the carpet done on Sunday so I will have to get some pics of the finished product.


All that home decorating gave me a wild hair to redecorate our bedroom. I found this beautiful new comforter and then tried to design around it. The one wall behind our bed is blue and the rest of the room is a very light tan. I painted the blue wall on Saturday night and then Erin helped do the trim while I painted on Sunday while Ollie took a nap and Chris & Kevin were working on her carpet. Still a long way to go on this room but it is a start. We will need to get rid of the pink carpeting and put tile in the bathroom and I would like some new furniture but that will have to wait a little while. It will eventually come together!


No comments: