Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Goodbye Mom (Maw Maw)

Well, tonight I took my Mom to the airport for CA and she will not be back until April. So here is a is the story...

I met my Mom and Erin at Culver's during my lunch hour today and then Mom dropped me back off at work. She went home to tie up some loose ends then picked Ollie up from school at 3:00 and took him to play in the snow! She is going to send me some pics so I can put them on my blog (better yet, maybe she should put them on her blog!). Anyway, her and Ollie picked me up from work at 5:30 (they had been there since 5:05, yikes!) then we were on our way to the airport in rush hour traffic and snow! Yes, it snowed and the roads were horrible! We did not go over 35 mph the whole way there. Somehow we made it by 6:05 and her plane was due to leave at 7:00. As far as I know it was on time as I tried to call her when I got home and her phone was already off. Then Ollie and I drove back home still in rush hour traffic and even more snow! It was burning hot in the car. I could not turn the defrost down any or the window would immediately ice up and we both had our coats on. Ollie finally kicked his shoes off. He was great the whole time in the car. We did not get home until 6:55 so he was in the car for at least 2 hours straight, poor buddy!

Well my sympathy for Ollie is starting to dwindle because as soon as we got home he sat in his chair to eat more dinner and he asked for a cup so I gave him his milk cup. No! I want juice. So I gave him his juice cup too (he likes to have both cups). No! I want 3 cups!! So I put some water in a 3rd cup and sat it down. NO I want 2 juice cups! Well this is just a little ridiculous so, sorry Ollie but you already have a juice cup. "I WANT MY DADDY" over and over and over again. Screaming and crying so I take him upstairs to take a shower - still screaming and crying. So I let him have his fit and tell him he can get in if he wants too. I take my shower and turn it off to get out and here he comes running towards me. "I wa wa want shower too." So I start to get back in and try to take his clothes off "NO!" and he runs away. Still screaming and crying. So it is obviously night night time. I get his pants off and put his diaper on. He will not let me put his jammies on so I just leave his sweatshirt on and put him in bed, turn off the light and close the door. I cannot deal with this tonight of all nights! He is still up there yelling "I want my daddy!" over and over again. Daddy of course is working late tonight. He has to fall asleep sometime right?

I guess I should just be glad that we all made it where we need to be in one piece.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Poor mommy!! You need a break!