Saturday, June 6, 2009

What a crazy week!!!

This is our new dog Bella. She is a good dog but needs a little bit of training still. She is pretty much house broken but still has her accidents. She is only one year old so still has some puppy energy but she is big, the vet today said she weighs 55 lbs!

On Monday, my Mom took Stu to the airport and then came to my house and we took Ollie and Bella to the park. When we got down there the water faucet that is low to the ground for dogs was not there anymore so my Mom took Bella back into the creek for a drink. She came back and then went to sit on the picnic tables with Bella. I was talking with some other mom's that I have not seen in awhile.

I saw her get up and walk off with Bella out of the corner of my eye but did not think anything of it. So I sat down on the bench and told Ollie we were going to leave when Maw Maw got back. I waited another two to three minutes and then thought we should go find her. We walked back into the woods and Ollie yelled "Maw Maw!" And she started yelling "Jen, Jen, Jen". Crap where is she??? She was laying half in the creek water and half in the mud still holding onto Bella's leash. She couldn't get up and she told me not to come down there. Ollie says "you fall down, you get dirty, Maw Maw?" I took Bella from her and called Chris to come down with the van. I went to go meet him and Ollie had found a stick and had forgotten all about Maw Maw and starts hitting trees with sticks! REALLY!!! Chris parked the van on Sutters Mill and I called him and told him to drive through the park straight up to the clearing. I told him I would talk to the police if they came. Chris tries to help her up out of the creek but she cannot stand on her ankle at all so she scoots up the hill on her butt and we get her in the van stop back by my house to get her purse and insurance card and drop off Chris, Ollie & Bella. We got right into the emergency room and the she had and broken and dislocated her ankle. They relocated it and told Erin and I that we could go get crutches so off we go to Walgreens; when we get back the DR. is talking about surgery. We thought we were going to take her home but she had to have surgery at 5:30 on Monday night. We did not get home until about 9:30. Then I spent all day Tuesday with her in the hospital waiting for her to get released. She did not get to leave until 4:30.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I worked 10 hour days picked up Ollie, went home to let Bella out, cleaned up any messes she made, went to my Mom's to get her dinner and hang out for a few minutes and then back home to take Bella for a walk. Then showers, bed and do it all over again the next day! Bella had her first vet visit this morning and then a quick trip to Petco.

Just a side note, my aunt Barb had a fall at the reception and broke her wrist in two places. She is having surgery on Monday. I called my Aunt Patti to tell her to be very careful and stay home. Then this afternoon Chris' mom called to say that she thinks his brother, Brad broke his leg! Geeze, what is going on???

I haven't had time to take very many pics this week or any time to post on the blog. I will get better, I promise!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Well, they say things happen in 3's so I HOPE ya'll are all safe now!