Saturday, January 30, 2010

No more swim class

This morning we got up and went to swim class like usual. I took Aunt Erin's advice and sat farther away. I kept my eye on him and they ended up sitting on the stairs for awhile again. Then about 15 min into the class Ollie is upset and coming up the beach area towards me. I tried to tell him to go back to his class but that made him more upset. When he got to me he he said "her told me to get out, get out and no get back in either!" I said who told you to get out, "the teacher". Well this can't be so I picked him up and walked back over to their class with Ollie saying "don't tell her what I said mommy, don't tell her". So I asked her, if she told him to get out and don't come back and she said yes, he was splashing and hitting and he wouldn't listen and he has done that in all the classes. So I went to talk to the director but he wasn't there and the head lifeguard talked to his teacher. She explained that they have the right to sit them out for a few minutes but not kick him out of the whole class, which I completely get. He should have gotten a time out for splashing and hitting. As far as him doing this in all the classes, first of all I never saw him hit anyone, second when 3 year olds get in the water they splash and third if he really was this bad in all the classes why didn't she pull me aside after one of the earlier classes? Yes, he needs to listen and NO my child is not perfect but a simple time out would have done. I asked Ollie if he wanted to go back to the class and he said "her told me to get out and not get back in either!" So that is the end of swimming class. I went to the registration desk and got a refund for the last 3 classes (including today's class) and I am going to talk to the director when I calm down so he takes me seriously and doesn't think I am some crazy momma bear!

No comments: