Monday, October 12, 2009

Huntington Beach

Wednesday afternoon we headed out to the beach! Ollie loved it - he had such a great time! Here Maw Maw is helping Ollie get water in the bottle so the sand will stick better for the sand castle.



Pat it down!







These birds were scary! They circled us at one time.




But do you think that would stop Maw Maw from eating chips and feeding them to Ollie - heck no! Who cares if we get attacked by crazy beach birds!






Mommy & Ollie getting wet sand.







Great sand castle Ollie!




Ollie, where did your toes go?








After awhile we went to The Longboard for a late lunch. Ollie wanted to eat outside. Then we went back to the beach. This time Ollie wanted the waves to catch him. After the first 5 minutes he fell over and was all wet on one side so it just didn't matter anymore. The water was soooo cold but you got used to it after awhile. He was soaked by the time we left and was shivering. Of course, being the best mommy in the world, I did not pack a towel or anything ( I knew the water would be cold and thought that as soon as it hit his toes he would not go back in - wrong!) So, I stripped him down put his jacket on him and wrapped him in the beach blanket. He thought this was funny because he was nakey and I was carrying him like a baby across the beach back to the car. OMG, I almost forgot this part. While we were sitting in rush hour traffic in LA Ollie has to go potty - so I grab the bottle we were using to collect water at the beach and tried to get him to go in the bottle. Unfortunately, this was not a good idea - I had pee all over me & him - Great idea Mommy! I was just full of good ideas on Wednesday!








No comments: