Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Head Injury

This morning I got a call from Ollie's daycare and they said he went down the slide head first and landed on the top of his head in the rocks. He was bleeding alot and should they take him to the hospital or did I want to come. I said I'll be right there and I was there w/in ten minutes. He wasn't crying anymore and the bleeding looked like it had stopped but there was still blood in his hair. His doctor was not in so we went to the urgent care. We had to wait over an hour but when the dr came in he checked him all out and cleaned up his head. He took some gauze and some kind of cleaner and just scrubbed on the top of his head. Poor Ollie had his eyes squeezed shut and his face was all scrunched up. I was thinking, geeze you could be a little more gentle than that. When it was all cleaned up it was just two little red boo boos on the top of his head, he did not need stitches, thank goodness! I can't believe that much blood came out of these little boo boos. Anyway, Ollie is fine and we took the afternoon off, he will go back to daycare tomorrow. Hopefully, tomorrow will be uneventful!

No comments: