Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bike Ride to the Park

Tonight Ollie rode his bike all the way (& beyond) to Spencer Creek Park. I had to hold onto his seat while he went down the hill so he wouldn't go too fast and fall. However, when we got to the park he just kept on going..."not this park mommy!".

Last night we rode my bike to City Centre Park which is a lot farther away. He thought he was going to ride his bike all the way there! Yikes! I was running after him in my jeans and sandals trying to reason with him! Silly Mommy when are you going to learn you can't reason with a 3 year old! Finally I caught up to him and turned his bike around. Well that set him off! He started screaming and crying that he wanted to go to the other big park. Finally I just said well now Mommy is going home see you later and I started walking back towards Spencer Creek Park (looking back every few seconds) he finally got on his bike and sat for a few seconds and then he took off towards me and when he flew past me he said "you stay here!" He was really mad at me! He was going so fast I had to run after him again just to try to keep up. When he got back to the park he turned in and decided to play for awhile thank goodness!

After playing for a few minutes he tells me he has to poop. Well of course you do! He got back on his bike and rode to the nearest bathroom on the other side of the bridge. We get out and he wants to go back to the park but it is time to go home so he takes off running. I left the bike by the tennis courts and ran after him. He made it all the way back to the park and I caught up to him and we RAN back to his bike. When we got back to it he didn't want to ride any more he wanted to run. I made him walk the bike back home with me and any time he took his hand off of it I would stop. It took awhile but we finally made it back home.

Mental note, no more going to the park with Ollie on his bike! From now on the bike goes in the car and we drive down there. Geeze I sure got my exercise tonight. I don't know how runs that much. I was exhausted after running after him all night!

No comments: